The 3 Keys to Successful Language Learning No matter who you are, where you come or what have been your experiences, the reality is that there are certain key elements that will either make your learning proceed in a way that may even seem effortless or it will be one typified by struggles that lead
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
by ~Albert Einstein~
by ~Albert Einstein~
A very common question asked by language learners is – “Is it useful (or useless) to talk to people who are also learning the same language?” The answer is definitely yes. There are in fact 2 very good reasons why you need to spend as much time as you can speaking the language you are learning.
Neuroscience has just provided us with a key insight into the topic about the importance of age in learning languages. Many times research of this kind is either not conclusive or is so narrow as to be not that useful. In this instance we have been provided with some gold. One of the bigger problems facing language
What is monitoring? One of the essential keys to improving your language skills is the practice of monitoring your language use as you are using the language. Learning something new and practicing it in controlled settings (such as in class or in your study) is all well and good. That is where a lot of your attention is
Listen into a Teleconference at the 3rd ELT Conference at Pontianak, Indonesia to a talk on The Keys 3 to Motivating Language Learners. This is something that concerns all teachers day to day, how to keep the learners attentive, focussed and learning. Everyone wants to be succeed at what they are doing, whether it be teaching or learning! The key
Every language has its own pronunciation challenges. One of the ones that has more than its fair share are the Vietnamese. I don’t really want to go into it here as for most of you there is really little interest I suspect. If you have some interest, check out the two video clips on this
I recently sent out a survey to the subscribers on this website, seeking information about a number of things. One question was to do with their single greatest concern about learning a new language. Rather than write about it here, I decided to make a short video talking a little about their answers. On this post I have
I recently sent out a survey to the subscribers on this website, seeking information about a number of things. One question was to do with their single greatest concern about learning a new language. Rather than write about it here, I decided to make a short video talking a little about the answers of the language learners. You
Language Learning and the Olympics At this time when all the news is filled with the excitement and the feats at the Olympics, and hearing quite a lot of the medalists talk about what it took for them to get there, it caused me to reflect about the mission that language learners face. There usually
Read this and see for yourself that there is a best way to learn a language! By far the best way to learn a language is to become a better language learner, simple as that! Well, ok, it might not be that simple to do that, but we need to look no further than that
- Vietnamese Learning English Pronunciation
- Language Teachers' Main Concern
- Language Learners' Main Concern
- Can you learn a new language by watching movies?
- Importance of Feedback in Language Learning
- The Surprising Power of Pronunciation
- Proof you can reach native like levels in another language
- Language Learning for Advanced Learners
- Importance of Engagement in Language Learning
- What To Do To Ensure You Keep Progressing Your Language Learning
- Homework That Helps to Improve Your Language Learning
- 5 Habits of Successful Language Learners
- The Dangers of Language Classes and Courses
- Watching Movies to Learn Language
- Using Your Intuition To Power Your Language Learning
- Language Learning Games
- Mistakes and Language Learning
- A Seldom If Ever Talked About Way Of Becoming A Better Language Learner
- Learning Language Through Reading
- Improving Language Learning Listening Skills
- Habits in Language Learning
- Language Learning and New Year Resolutions
- What Are Really Good Ways to Improve Your English
- Vocabulary Learning in a Second Language
- Mistakes to Avoid to Successfully Learn a Foreign Language
- Are Language Exercises a Good Language Learning Strategy?
- How to Improve Conversation Skills IS Important for Language Learning
- How Not to Learn Pronunciation!
- How To Improve Pronunciation
- Steve Job's Approach to Language Learning!
- Staying Motivated Whilst Learning A Language Is Critical!
- How to Improve Your Pronunciation - Part 2
- Effective Grammar Practice
- What You Believe Is What You Are Going To Get
- How to Improve Pronunciation – Part 1
- How to Remember Vocabulary
- What Makes an Exceptional Language Teacher?
- Awareness in Language Learning
- Successful Language Learning
- Mistakes Are Your Friend
- Language Learning Techniques