Read this and see for yourself that there is a best way to learn a language! By far the best way to learn a language is to become a better language learner, simple as that! Well, ok, it might not be that simple to do that, but we need to look no further than that
It has been over 125 years since the birth of cinema, but the buzz and awe surrounding it has not faded one bit. From being an iconic creation for simple recreational purposes, movies have transcended into this multi-billion-dollar industry influencing the life of a common man in more ways than you could ever imagine. With
Feedback in Language Learning A critical element to effective language learning, in fact to any learning, is feedback. Without feedback, we just could not learn. We would not know the results of our actions and hence would not know if any adjustment was needed. Feedback is what tells us whether we are on the path
Anthony Larsen, a writer for SpanishHackers.com, guest blogs today on the power of pronunciation to help improve one’s language learning abilities. A few months after I started learning Spanish I took up a new job where I worked with mostly Spanish speaking Latinos who knew little English. I thought, “Great, this is an awesome opportunity
Formula for Success You may be surprised to read that there is such a thing as a success formula for learning languages. I can assure you there is one! Success in language learning is not a random or a haphazard event, many if not most of you I am sure would agree. Whilst there can be
The Adult Language Learner Everyone understands that there are many differences between how adults learn languages and how children do. Less people seem to understand that we are all human :-). Once that is accepted (shouldn’t be too hard!) we must acknowledge that there must be similarities. We also cannot lose sight of the fact that
So many people have told me that the reason they struggle to learn a new language is that they are lazy. I suspect that many readers will be nodding their heads, and be saying, “Yep, that’s me!”. Laziness is a word we created to describe how we feel about doing something. One dictionary describes it as
Fear There would be very few people who approach speaking a new language with no fears. Fear of making errors and hence making a fool of ourselves is one of the more common fears that slows down most language learners. In fact it is one of the main factors that prevent many people from learning it as they
For many language learners (and their teachers) repetition is highly valued, whether it be repeating vocabulary, grammar conjugations, sounds or phrases. This practice is so ingrained in many people’s thinking and practices that they find it hard to see language learning without this practice as a core part of it. There are in fact different kinds of repetition.
No matter what religion you practice I suspect that many people around the world are winding down. It is a good time to relax, recharge and maybe reaffirm or tweak your current goals, or maybe even set new ones. Listen to the jingle below to put you in the right frame of mind! Something light
- Vietnamese Learning English Pronunciation
- Language Teachers' Main Concern
- Language Learners' Main Concern
- Can you learn a new language by watching movies?
- Importance of Feedback in Language Learning
- The Surprising Power of Pronunciation
- Proof you can reach native like levels in another language
- Language Learning for Advanced Learners
- Importance of Engagement in Language Learning
- What To Do To Ensure You Keep Progressing Your Language Learning
- Homework That Helps to Improve Your Language Learning
- 5 Habits of Successful Language Learners
- The Dangers of Language Classes and Courses
- Watching Movies to Learn Language
- Using Your Intuition To Power Your Language Learning
- Language Learning Games
- Mistakes and Language Learning
- A Seldom If Ever Talked About Way Of Becoming A Better Language Learner
- Learning Language Through Reading
- Improving Language Learning Listening Skills
- Habits in Language Learning
- Language Learning and New Year Resolutions
- What Are Really Good Ways to Improve Your English
- Vocabulary Learning in a Second Language
- Mistakes to Avoid to Successfully Learn a Foreign Language
- Are Language Exercises a Good Language Learning Strategy?
- How to Improve Conversation Skills IS Important for Language Learning
- How Not to Learn Pronunciation!
- How To Improve Pronunciation
- Steve Job's Approach to Language Learning!
- Staying Motivated Whilst Learning A Language Is Critical!
- How to Improve Your Pronunciation - Part 2
- Effective Grammar Practice
- What You Believe Is What You Are Going To Get
- How to Improve Pronunciation – Part 1
- How to Remember Vocabulary
- What Makes an Exceptional Language Teacher?
- Awareness in Language Learning
- Successful Language Learning
- Mistakes Are Your Friend
- Language Learning Techniques