Feedback in Language Learning A critical element to effective language learning, in fact to any learning, is feedback. Without feedback, we just could not learn. We would not know the results of our actions and hence would not know if any adjustment was needed. Feedback is what tells us whether we are on the path
Anthony Larsen, a writer for SpanishHackers.com, guest blogs today on the power of pronunciation to help improve one’s language learning abilities. A few months after I started learning Spanish I took up a new job where I worked with mostly Spanish speaking Latinos who knew little English. I thought, “Great, this is an awesome opportunity
Formula for Success You may be surprised to read that there is such a thing as a success formula for learning languages. I can assure you there is one! Success in language learning is not a random or a haphazard event, many if not most of you I am sure would agree. Whilst there can be
The Adult Language Learner Everyone understands that there are many differences between how adults learn languages and how children do. Less people seem to understand that we are all human :-). Once that is accepted (shouldn’t be too hard!) we must acknowledge that there must be similarities. We also cannot lose sight of the fact that
So many people have told me that the reason they struggle to learn a new language is that they are lazy. I suspect that many readers will be nodding their heads, and be saying, “Yep, that’s me!”. Laziness is a word we created to describe how we feel about doing something. One dictionary describes it as
Fear There would be very few people who approach speaking a new language with no fears. Fear of making errors and hence making a fool of ourselves is one of the more common fears that slows down most language learners. In fact it is one of the main factors that prevent many people from learning it as they
For many language learners (and their teachers) repetition is highly valued, whether it be repeating vocabulary, grammar conjugations, sounds or phrases. This practice is so ingrained in many people’s thinking and practices that they find it hard to see language learning without this practice as a core part of it. There are in fact different kinds of repetition.
No matter what religion you practice I suspect that many people around the world are winding down. It is a good time to relax, recharge and maybe reaffirm or tweak your current goals, or maybe even set new ones. Listen to the jingle below to put you in the right frame of mind! Something light
If you have been trying to work out how it is that some people learn languages so readily whilst the majority end up giving up, you may have come up with some good ideas. The question is of course, are you on the money? Is there maybe a “secret” you may have missed? You may
There are many reasons why it is that some people become successful so readily whilst others struggle and never really achieve the levels of proficiency they were seeking. One reason which comes up time and time again is that the successful ones take on more responsibility for their learning and don’t just do what they
- Vietnamese Learning English Pronunciation
- Language Teachers' Main Concern
- Language Learners' Main Concern
- Can you learn a new language by watching movies?
- Importance of Feedback in Language Learning
- The Surprising Power of Pronunciation
- Proof you can reach native like levels in another language
- Language Learning for Advanced Learners
- Importance of Engagement in Language Learning
- What To Do To Ensure You Keep Progressing Your Language Learning
- Homework That Helps to Improve Your Language Learning
- 5 Habits of Successful Language Learners
- The Dangers of Language Classes and Courses
- Watching Movies to Learn Language
- Using Your Intuition To Power Your Language Learning
- Language Learning Games
- Mistakes and Language Learning
- A Seldom If Ever Talked About Way Of Becoming A Better Language Learner
- Learning Language Through Reading
- Improving Language Learning Listening Skills
- Habits in Language Learning
- Language Learning and New Year Resolutions
- What Are Really Good Ways to Improve Your English
- Vocabulary Learning in a Second Language
- Mistakes to Avoid to Successfully Learn a Foreign Language
- Are Language Exercises a Good Language Learning Strategy?
- How to Improve Conversation Skills IS Important for Language Learning
- How Not to Learn Pronunciation!
- How To Improve Pronunciation
- Steve Job's Approach to Language Learning!
- Staying Motivated Whilst Learning A Language Is Critical!
- How to Improve Your Pronunciation - Part 2
- Effective Grammar Practice
- What You Believe Is What You Are Going To Get
- How to Improve Pronunciation – Part 1
- How to Remember Vocabulary
- What Makes an Exceptional Language Teacher?
- Awareness in Language Learning
- Successful Language Learning
- Mistakes Are Your Friend
- Language Learning Techniques