There is an increasing acceptance that emotional intelligence is a key factor which can not only influence the quality of our lives but the chances of success in any area of endeavour. This is possibly even more so in the area of language learning than in many others. The reason for this is because the language we use
“We learn more by looking for the answer to a question and not finding it than we do from learning the answer itself.”
by ~LLoyd Alexander~
by ~LLoyd Alexander~
How often have we heard the exhortation, or even made it ourselves, “Try harder!” The implication being that rewards come to those who try. Should we not instead heed the words of the immortal guru Yoda, who said, “Do or do not. There is no try.” That advice seemed to resonate with me at so
Languages are best learned when the learning is seen as games. Games are powerful paradigms for learning. Here you will find one example of how learning can be made into a game. Languages Are Efficient You probably know this but may not have given it much thought – languages at their heart are expressions of
Are you in the flow? If you are then, according to Flow Theory, you are working and learning in a state that can be described as a heightened state of being. Maybe it can be said that even The Force is with you in those times! 🙂 If you are in the flow then you
Here is one way to assess your ability to learn languages. Many people talk about the difficulty of the language. A far more important measure is how you are going about learning! Your success has little to do with your innate ability. We already have proved we have that by learning the most difficult language
Does it really matter what I decide to learn next? One of the key issues that many learners overlook or don’t adequately resolve is “What do I work on next?”. This question is more important than you may suppose as what you decide on may set you up for success, or maybe for a much
There certainly is a perception “out there” that language learning is difficult. With the prevalence of that belief, one would think there must be some truth to that perception. In fact you can even find hard data to “prove” that belief. Of course one should not jump to hasty conclusions and believe that what we
An often heard lament of language learners is, “Oh my memory is letting me down”. Is that really the case, or is there something else at work that gives the appearance that memory is the problem but in fact there are causes which are not so obvious? I have just brought out an Ebook on
Most people like to play, kids especially, even though there might be a few who might think it too frivilous! (Must be a very serious person! 🙂 ). However I am not sure what these people would make on Albert Einstein’s view on it – “Play is the highest form of research” Better understanding play
What is driving your language learning, the meaning or the language? This might seem like an odd question, but I believe the answer to this may help you understand how you may be able to improve your language learning. There are many language learners who I have come across concentrate on learning the new language.
- Vietnamese Learning English Pronunciation
- Language Teachers' Main Concern
- Language Learners' Main Concern
- Can you learn a new language by watching movies?
- Importance of Feedback in Language Learning
- The Surprising Power of Pronunciation
- Proof you can reach native like levels in another language
- Language Learning for Advanced Learners
- Importance of Engagement in Language Learning
- What To Do To Ensure You Keep Progressing Your Language Learning
- Homework That Helps to Improve Your Language Learning
- 5 Habits of Successful Language Learners
- The Dangers of Language Classes and Courses
- Watching Movies to Learn Language
- Using Your Intuition To Power Your Language Learning
- Language Learning Games
- Mistakes and Language Learning
- A Seldom If Ever Talked About Way Of Becoming A Better Language Learner
- Learning Language Through Reading
- Improving Language Learning Listening Skills
- Habits in Language Learning
- Language Learning and New Year Resolutions
- What Are Really Good Ways to Improve Your English
- Vocabulary Learning in a Second Language
- Mistakes to Avoid to Successfully Learn a Foreign Language
- Are Language Exercises a Good Language Learning Strategy?
- How to Improve Conversation Skills IS Important for Language Learning
- How Not to Learn Pronunciation!
- How To Improve Pronunciation
- Steve Job's Approach to Language Learning!
- Staying Motivated Whilst Learning A Language Is Critical!
- How to Improve Your Pronunciation - Part 2
- Effective Grammar Practice
- What You Believe Is What You Are Going To Get
- How to Improve Pronunciation – Part 1
- How to Remember Vocabulary
- What Makes an Exceptional Language Teacher?
- Awareness in Language Learning
- Successful Language Learning
- Mistakes Are Your Friend
- Language Learning Techniques