You may be wondering what empathy has got to do with language learning. Well, just suspend your judgment for a minute or two and read on to see its importance to any serious language learner. What I talk about here you may see more relevant to an immersion environment, however I believe that if looked
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is. Albert Einstein”
The ways we learn languages can affect our sense of freedom. Speaking a language is an inherently creative act through which we express who we are. We have endless ways of saying what we want to say in our mother tongue. It is our choice how we say what we want to say, or not,
There are a variety of factors that can affect the question of how to learn a language effectively. One of the critical factors is the role of awareness in language learning and how noticing (an outcome of awareness) plays a crucial. I want to explore now how you can actually turn something you have noticed into
Listen to the podcast below (an interview with Dr. Piers Messum) and discover valuable insights as to how we stress and reduce vowel sounds in English. This understanding and the resultant techniques talked about have the potential to transform the successes you have as a learner in mastering the unique demands of the English language.
So you maybe wondering why guessing is so important in language learning. Especially when your experience may well have been similar to mine. I recall in my schooling some of my teachers were quite dismissive about students guessing answers. Looking back I can now see why they may well have been mistaken in their attitude.
Noticing what we are doing while we are learning a language, its impacts on others as well as ourselves is a key to language learning. As to be expected many language learners, to a large degree, rely upon how they have been taught to learn a language. However most language teaching practices seem to concentrate
You may be wondering how intuition is related to language learning. One way to realise the significance of intuition is to consider why we as infants learned our mother tongue so seemingly easily (compared to most adults experience of learning a second language). One key reason is that infants ability to see meaning (unencumbered by
Have you ever wondered why video games are so additive (to some!). Wouldn’t it be great if we could get addicted to the game of language learning? That way we couldn’t wait to get back to it, we would be reluctant to leave it and our levels would keep getting higher and higher! Even if
Many people do not want to make mistakes in learning languages, however they serve an important function in learning, which in fact can’t be avoided. As James Joyce said,”Mistakes are the portals to discovery”. They alert us to what we are doing wrong and hence what we need to work on to progress. To better
In many parts of the world we are entering a festive season. Whether it be Christmas, Hanukka, Kwanzaa, or just a time to lay down the tools and celebrate. So when you are going into a relaxing mode, or maybe a reflective mode, as some of us are prone to do at the New Year, what
- Vietnamese Learning English Pronunciation
- Language Teachers' Main Concern
- Language Learners' Main Concern
- Can you learn a new language by watching movies?
- Importance of Feedback in Language Learning
- The Surprising Power of Pronunciation
- Proof you can reach native like levels in another language
- Language Learning for Advanced Learners
- Importance of Engagement in Language Learning
- What To Do To Ensure You Keep Progressing Your Language Learning
- Homework That Helps to Improve Your Language Learning
- 5 Habits of Successful Language Learners
- The Dangers of Language Classes and Courses
- Watching Movies to Learn Language
- Using Your Intuition To Power Your Language Learning
- Language Learning Games
- Mistakes and Language Learning
- A Seldom If Ever Talked About Way Of Becoming A Better Language Learner
- Learning Language Through Reading
- Improving Language Learning Listening Skills
- Habits in Language Learning
- Language Learning and New Year Resolutions
- What Are Really Good Ways to Improve Your English
- Vocabulary Learning in a Second Language
- Mistakes to Avoid to Successfully Learn a Foreign Language
- Are Language Exercises a Good Language Learning Strategy?
- How to Improve Conversation Skills IS Important for Language Learning
- How Not to Learn Pronunciation!
- How To Improve Pronunciation
- Steve Job's Approach to Language Learning!
- Staying Motivated Whilst Learning A Language Is Critical!
- How to Improve Your Pronunciation - Part 2
- Effective Grammar Practice
- What You Believe Is What You Are Going To Get
- How to Improve Pronunciation – Part 1
- How to Remember Vocabulary
- What Makes an Exceptional Language Teacher?
- Awareness in Language Learning
- Successful Language Learning
- Mistakes Are Your Friend
- Language Learning Techniques