Fear There would be very few people who approach speaking a new language with no fears. Fear of making errors and hence making a fool of ourselves is one of the more common fears that slows down most language learners. In fact it is one of the main factors that prevent many people from learning it as they
“We learn more by looking for the answer to a question and not finding it than we do from learning the answer itself.”
by ~LLoyd Alexander~
by ~LLoyd Alexander~
For many language learners (and their teachers) repetition is highly valued, whether it be repeating vocabulary, grammar conjugations, sounds or phrases. This practice is so ingrained in many people’s thinking and practices that they find it hard to see language learning without this practice as a core part of it. There are in fact different kinds of repetition.
No matter what religion you practice I suspect that many people around the world are winding down. It is a good time to relax, recharge and maybe reaffirm or tweak your current goals, or maybe even set new ones. Listen to the jingle below to put you in the right frame of mind! Something light
If you have been trying to work out how it is that some people learn languages so readily whilst the majority end up giving up, you may have come up with some good ideas. The question is of course, are you on the money? Is there maybe a “secret” you may have missed? You may
There are many reasons why it is that some people become successful so readily whilst others struggle and never really achieve the levels of proficiency they were seeking. One reason which comes up time and time again is that the successful ones take on more responsibility for their learning and don’t just do what they
There is an increasing acceptance that emotional intelligence is a key factor which can not only influence the quality of our lives but the chances of success in any area of endeavour. This is possibly even more so in the area of language learning than in many others. The reason for this is because the language we use
How often have we heard the exhortation, or even made it ourselves, “Try harder!” The implication being that rewards come to those who try. Should we not instead heed the words of the immortal guru Yoda, who said, “Do or do not. There is no try.” That advice seemed to resonate with me at so
Languages are best learned when the learning is seen as games. Games are powerful paradigms for learning. Here you will find one example of how learning can be made into a game. Languages Are Efficient You probably know this but may not have given it much thought – languages at their heart are expressions of
Are you in the flow? If you are then, according to Flow Theory, you are working and learning in a state that can be described as a heightened state of being. Maybe it can be said that even The Force is with you in those times! 🙂 If you are in the flow then you
Here is one way to assess your ability to learn languages. Many people talk about the difficulty of the language. A far more important measure is how you are going about learning! Your success has little to do with your innate ability. We already have proved we have that by learning the most difficult language
- Vietnamese Learning English Pronunciation
- Language Teachers' Main Concern
- Language Learners' Main Concern
- Can you learn a new language by watching movies?
- Importance of Feedback in Language Learning
- The Surprising Power of Pronunciation
- Proof you can reach native like levels in another language
- Language Learning for Advanced Learners
- Importance of Engagement in Language Learning
- What To Do To Ensure You Keep Progressing Your Language Learning
- Homework That Helps to Improve Your Language Learning
- 5 Habits of Successful Language Learners
- The Dangers of Language Classes and Courses
- Watching Movies to Learn Language
- Using Your Intuition To Power Your Language Learning
- Language Learning Games
- Mistakes and Language Learning
- A Seldom If Ever Talked About Way Of Becoming A Better Language Learner
- Learning Language Through Reading
- Improving Language Learning Listening Skills
- Habits in Language Learning
- Language Learning and New Year Resolutions
- What Are Really Good Ways to Improve Your English
- Vocabulary Learning in a Second Language
- Mistakes to Avoid to Successfully Learn a Foreign Language
- Are Language Exercises a Good Language Learning Strategy?
- How to Improve Conversation Skills IS Important for Language Learning
- How Not to Learn Pronunciation!
- How To Improve Pronunciation
- Steve Job's Approach to Language Learning!
- Staying Motivated Whilst Learning A Language Is Critical!
- How to Improve Your Pronunciation - Part 2
- How to Remember Vocabulary
- What Makes an Exceptional Language Teacher?
- Awareness in Language Learning
- Successful Language Learning
- Mistakes Are Your Friend
- Language Learning Techniques